Family Law

Marriage annulment

You or a third party can request an annulment of the marriage within 3 years of the marriage if there was a defect in your consent. We can help you determine whether or not your consent to the marriage was valid.

Travel authorisation and/or passport issue for minor child(ren)

When parents are unable to agree on the issuance of a passport or authorization to travel outside the country, it is possible to go to court to obtain an order that will allow the child to travel and/or obtain a passport.

Joint application for custody and child support or annulment of child support

It is possible to settle all the consequences of your separation by mutual agreement with your ex-spouse and file a joint application to the court. This quick option avoids costs and delays. Several types of requests can be presented jointly, in particular for custody and support, to cancel the support of an adult and independent child or to modify a divorce judgment. Several types of applications can be filed jointly, in particular for custody and alimony, to annul the alimony of an older and independent child, and to modify a divorce decree. Our firm can advise and support you in these processes,

Friendly divorce

The joint divorce is the result of a mutual agreement between the spouses. This request is made by filing a single application in court; this avoids additional costs and delays. To file for a joint divorce, the spouses must agree on the consequences of their divorce. Therefore, they will have to think about child custody, child or spousal support, and the distribution of the family assets. Of course, we will advise you through all stages of the process.

Divorce or legal separation

To obtain a divorce, the spouses must have a legal ground (adultery, physical or psychological abuse or end of cohabitation). If none of these three grounds apply, a legal separation may be considered.

Our efforts are aimed at avoiding litigation or aggravating the dispute in favor of an out-of-court settlement. However, we will not hesitate to defend your rights and interests in court, if necessary.

Grandparents' rights

Grandparents who develop a close relationship with their grandchildren may also have visitation rights with them.

Child custody and access rights

Our firm will assess your situation and advise you in negotiating custody and access rights, taking into account the child(ren)'s best interests.

Family mediation

Family mediation allows you to reach an agreement with your ex-spouse, as well as minimizes or even eliminates conflicts over custody, access, support or property division.

Division of the family assets and dissolution of the matrimonial property regime

The Civil Code lists the assets that make up the family patrimony and that must be divided at the time of divorce. We can explain to you what this sharing consists of and the effects of such sharing.

In addition to the family assets, the matrimonial property regime governs assets that are not part of the family assets. We can explain to you which rules apply to your particular situation.

Child support

In the event of separation, you may be required to pay maintenance to support your children whether you are married or not. This obligation may remain even if the child(ren) is/are over 18 years old and/or there is shared custody.

Wife or husband support

The spouse or ex-spouse may also request maintenance to support him or her if he or she cannot afford to do so alone. In order to determine such maintenance, several legal criteria will also have to be considered, including the debtor's ability to pay.


To offer you an efficient, practical and accessible service, our family law and immigration law services are also available remotely by WhatsApp, Teams or Zoom. Do not hesitate to contact us!